Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting solution suggests stockpiling and/or sharing certain content on a server administered by a web hosting distributor. There are different groups of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's have a glance at them. In that way, you can choose what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to run a web site, mail address accounts, or to share files with pals and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution provided by various file storage providers, which lets you share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting services often involve adverts next to the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a particular span of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely awry interpretation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would divide the load between individual bunches of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous hosting services (mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a sort of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; some providers provide a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting brand is suitable if you wish to share a vast amount of images with comrades or acquaintances since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will get a random link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to administering your e-mail addresses. Some companies offer web page hosting services for web pages, but do not offer an e-mail solution. If you want to have an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to run a web site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can set up e-mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video file, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video brings about a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with several video files and a few hundred site visitors, you may have trouble with your web hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will enable you to run as many video files as you want to without worrying about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to run a website. To a certain extent, it involves all of the aforementioned hosting groups since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and email address accounts, upload videos, and so on. At DNA Hosting, for instance, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that enable you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one single location. There may be restrictions based on the form of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your website hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the usual e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are made for particular content exclusively.